"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD" Psalms 127:3

Thursday, May 20, 2010

You Never Outgrow Your Family's Love





Will doesn't realize it yet, but he is a part of one of the greatest families!  My dad is the youngest of four and is very close to his brother and sisters.  This past weekend every one of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids came from all over, to Huntsville, to meet Will.  There were 21 of us in all!  We had such a great time just being with each other.  As my Aunt Irene said "THE WEEKEND WAS SUPBERB!"  My dad's family lives all over the U.S.:  Houston and Austin, TX; Washington, D.C. area; and Charlotte N.C.  We don't always get to see each other as much as we would like, but we are still all as close as ever.  We can thank my grandparents for that.  They raised four wonderful children, who have in turn raised children of their own.  Now it's my turn to carry on that tradition and I am proud that I have such awesome role models to turn to!  I hope that I can teach Will the importance of family, just as my parents and grandparents have taught me!  Lots of pictures below......


What are these women looking at?


Will...of course! 

All smiles for Great Uncle David

Great Uncle David and Cousin Sue
Great Aunt Barbara and Great Uncle David came from Houston!

"Why am I back on this bed again?"


Great Aunt Hilda came from Charlotte!


Great Aunt Hilda and cousin David



Great Aunt Irene came from Washington, D.C.!


Some more cousins from TX


Will with Cousin Sue and Cousin Kim.


Matthew and Christy from Washington and TX.


Sweet Emily


Madison with her Grandpa


Becky's dog, Mona, was also a hit! 


Time to eat! 


Can't wait for Will to grow into this swing.  He'll love it this summer.


Madison and Mona


"Why are all these people at my house?"

"I don't think I like it.  I'll hide under here"

Cousin Sue and Will


Just Visiting


First Cousins



Our kids....



Our Parents....


Dad, Aunt Hilda, Aunt Irene, Uncle David and thier first cousin, Gary, who came from Atlanta.



Gary and Sue



Madison and Will


May is a big birthday month in our family.  In addition to those above, my grandparents would be celebrating their 99th and 100th birthdays this month.  Happy Birthday Nanny and Pop!  We miss you.....

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love big families :) I'm blessed to be a part of a large, but very scattered family too. It certainly makes those times when you are all together VERY special!

    ReplyDelete