"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD" Psalms 127:3

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day....Part 1

My very first Mother's Day was a great one!  Couldn't have asked for anything more.  We started the day with a wonderful church service followed by a great lunch at the Redstone Arsenal Officers Club.  Yummy....  I am so thankful for Will and for my own Mom.  I am definitely blessed! 

You may wonder why Will is not wearing any clothes in the pictures above and the pictures to follow. Well....towards the end of our meal, Will became really fussy and I thought he was just hungry.  He was sitting in his car seat and I asked my dad to take him out and feed him.  This seemed to pacify him and we went about our meal.  Then, Dad decided he needed wanted some dessert and passed Will off to his daddy to finish with the feeding.  It was at this time that we realized what Will had really been fussing about.  He had an explosion in his diaper!  Poop was everywhere.....all over his car seat, all over Pop's newly dry cleaned jacket, all over daddy's shirt.  AWESOME!  I had on a white dress, so I wasn't about to get poop on me.  I carried Will to the bathroom like he was ticking time bomb :)!  I dug and dug for another outfit (which I always have) and realized I did indeed NOT have another outfit for poor Will.  I also had no blanket.  The picture above, on the left, is Will covered up by his lovey.  It barely covered him, but it worked.  I was so upset because we hadn't taken one picture of Will in his adorable smocked train outfit!  Oh Well....These pictures turned out great...naked baby and all! 
Mommy with Will on her very first Mother's Day



The whole family. 


Mom with her girls.
By the way...Thanks Aunt B for cleaning up the car seat!  I know baby poop is not your favorite! 
Pat and Will got me the most beautiful flowers and a "craft" project.  I'll post some pictures of those when I have the finished project!  Up Next....The Botanical Gardens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment