"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD" Psalms 127:3

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Botanical Gardens

If you know my mother, you know she loves flowers.  She loves to buy them, she loves to plant them, and she loves to look at them...even if they aren't hers.  Don't get me wrong, I like for my yard to look good, but I could care less about looking (for hours) at flowers that don't belong to me.  But..... I do love my mom and if she wanted to go look at flowers on mother's day, then that's what we were going to do.  So, Becky, Will, and I headed to the Botanical Gardens with my mom to check out the flowers. 

Here's Becky with the Bonsai Trees...I think they are weird.  She loves them. 

Becky in the Bamboo...

I decided to take Will in the backpack instead of the stroller.  He loved it, slept most of the time.

Here's Mom walking through the Rose Garden....where the roses weren't blooming.


This is what Becky thought of the Rose Garden.



This is a really old Dogwood Tree that is apparently dying...so sad :(.  It was huge and is historic.  So, it was neat to see.


Mom and Beck with "Old Dogwood"

Some info on the dying Dogwood.

New Life on Mother's Day...This little duck was trying its hardest to make an appearance, but we just couldn't wait around for it. 


The Botanical Gardens is a really neat place.  They have things for all ages.  It will be a great place to take Will when he is a little older.  He'll probably want to play on all the stuff they have for kids and not look at the flowers (which is a little more my speed).  Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  We love you and hope you had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment