"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD" Psalms 127:3

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Time

Pat and I are extremely lucky to attend the church I grew up in.  I am so glad that Will will be able to grow up in that church watching his parents and grandparents worship each Sunday.  I pray that he will have the same great experiences I had with the youth group there and that he has a heart to serve those in need. 

This Easter Sunday was extra special.  Along with my parents, my sister and Pat's sister attended services.  We took up the entire pew. I was so glad Will was able to spend his first Easter with each of these special people.   We always spend holidays with family and this occasion was no exception.  My mom grew up in Cullman, AL (just 45 minutes down the interstate) and her brothers, cousins, aunt, and uncle still live there today.  After church, we headed to Smith Lake to spend Easter at my Aunt Susan's and Unlce Mike's house.   There was a huge crowd and Will was the star of the show.  He was able to meet several of his great aunts and uncles and a great great aunt and uncle.  He also met two of my cousins and some of my mom's cousins.  What a day he had!  After stuffing our faces with excellent food (there is always a spread), we were ready to hunt Easter eggs.  I can't wait for next Easter when Will can join in the fun.

The day was gorgeous.  We couldn't have asked for better weather!  Here are some pictures from the day.

Will with Grandma and his Great Great Uncle Sonny


Will with my first cousin, Alesia



On a side note,Will hasn't been feeling well the last few days so we went to the doctor this morning. The doctor thinks he just has a bug, but he weighed him.  Will weighed in at a whopping 10lbs 11oz.....I told ya he was big.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...he has changed so much! Such a cutie patootie. So glad I'm finally able to visit your blog :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete