"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD" Psalms 127:3

Monday, January 17, 2011

Remy

This dog has caused us much worry in 2011........

We spent the night with my parents on NYE and had the worst thunder and lightening storm that I can remember.  It was incredibly loud and very close by.  We left the dogs in the house and thought they would be fine for the short time we were going to be gone.  Pat, Will, and I returned home around 10 am New Years Day and found that Remy was no where to be found.  Pat immediatley got under the house (which was flooded from all the rain) and started searching.  Remy has gotten under the house before so we thought he was trapped under there.  We quickly realized that Remy was not under the house.  He had, in fact, gone under the back porch, under the house, and out the front!  CRAZY DOG!  We spent the next 8 hours searching the neighborhood for Remy.  We had my dad, Pat's dad, our friend, Sven, and both Pat and I looking for him.  He was no where to be found and Pat and I were devastated.  We continued searching all day Sunday.  We put up signs, we placed an ad in the paper, we alerted the Huntsville Animal Services, we did everything we knew to do and still nothing.  Monday we went back to work with heavy hearts.  We were both devastated, along with our other dog Bitsy.  We didn't know how he could make it in the cold temps with no shelter or food, but we were still hopeful!  Tuesday brought that hope we were looking for!  Around 1:00 that afternoon a man called Pat to let him know he had seen  Remy in his backyard that morning!  We were thrilled.  Pat immediately left work and started searching.  I joined him around 3:15 to help in the search.  By 4 o'clock we hadn't seen him and I had to go get Will.  Our hopes were dashing again.... On my way home I decided to do one more look through the neighborhood, where he was spotted.  I couldn't believe it, but there he was running down the street with one of my swimmers chasing him.  I immediately called Pat and pointed him in the right direction.  By sheer luck, Pat was able to cut him off and stop him in mid run.  I think he scared Remy.  Pat said he basically ran right into him and didn't know what to do.  We finally got Remy to come to us by using a squeaky toy.  So, even though 2011 started off with heartbreak and tears, day 4 brought our family great JOY!  We are so thankful for the answered prayers.  Our pets are truly a part of our family and we would be lost without them! 

Also, if you ever need any tips on finding a missing dog...call us!  We've read more websites and done more research than you can imagine!

Here are some pics from Remy's homecoming!  Bitsy was so happy, she peed on me :)

So tired and hungry....



Cuddling with Bitsy

Remy was filthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment