"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD" Psalms 127:3

Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Eve

I know I've said it before, but we are SO BLESSED. Pat and I both grew up in Huntsville, so it was never really an issue of where we would go when our Army days were over. We knew we wanted to raise our kids in Huntsville. We are so fortunate that we don't have to travel at Christmas or Thanksgiving. Almost everyone we love is right here in our hometown. Christmas can be so stressful for some families: trying to decide which family we will spend it with, whose feelings are we going to hurt, or when will we get to have our "own" family time, etc. Pat and I are so lucky. We really don't have that problem. My mom always makes a large Christmas Eve feast. She has always said, "invite whoever." So when Pat and I married, it was obvious that his family would join our Christmas Eve dinners and we would all be together. So, that's exactly what we did. Everyone gets together for a time of fellowship, eating, and game playing. This year we played Apples to Apples. Some years it's Trivial Pursuit, other years Taboo, but it's a tradition and we love it. We were even more blessed to have my dad's sister, Hilda, fly in from Charlotte to join us for Will's first Christmas.













Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment