"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD" Psalms 127:3

Thursday, December 1, 2011

38 weeks and 21 months

I went in for my 38 week appointment today.  Everything is looking good.  I had an ultrasound that confirmed the baby is head down.  I am dilated 2 cm and about 50% effaced.  My doctor will be out of town Monday - Wednesday, so I hope Baby Clark doesn't decided to make his or her appearance then.  The baby's HR was 175 (that's the highest it's been since my 8 week appointment).  I gained about 3 lbs!  Can't wait to start losing.  Won't be long now!

On another note, Will is 21 months old today.   He has been pretty sick this week with a fever and cold.  He was finally able to go back to school today.  I'm so glad he's feeling better.  As far as milestones, not much has changed since 20 months.  Will is saying new words daily and has actually started to say animal's actual names instead of just dawg and meow.  He's called Bitsy by name and his Grandpa's dog, Riley, by name.  He loves to bring you things and say "here ya go."  Usually it's stuff he's not supposed to move.  All food is "hot" and usually lands in Remy's mouth.  He loves to share with Remy and Remy is none to happy to oblige.  We've had a hard time getting Will to go to bed lately.   He, usually, will fall right asleep about 7 o'clock, but lately we have had to force him to go to bed at 8 or later and we've had to let him cry it out.  He's probably cried it out more in the last week and a half than he has his whole life.  Thankfully, he does stay in his bed instead of trying to climb down and the last few days have been a little better.

Pat and I are feeling  incredibly blessed and thankful for all that is happening in our lives right now.  We are excited to expand our family and give Will a sibling.  Please keep us in your prayers in the coming days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment