"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD" Psalms 127:3

Friday, June 25, 2010

First Swim

Saturday June 5, we took Will for his first swim at our neighborhood pool where I coach the swim team.  Pat and I met at our summer swimming pool and have both been in the water our entire lives.  It is very important to us that Will learn to swim at an early age and NEVER BE SCARED of the water.  If you're a parent of a young one and your anxious about them swimming, put them in the water now.  Will went under the water at 3 mo and was fine.  He hasn't cried once.  Just blow in their face and dunk....easy as that.  Will can also float on his back with minimal assistance.  All babies can...you just have to expose them to the water. 
On our way!

Mommy and Will


Floating...he can also do this with just one hand on his back.  Pretty soon I will let him go.
Whew!  Long day.


We have been back several times since our first visit.  We've got several friends with small children who like to join us on our trips to the pool. 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I just found your blog. I love the pictures of Will in the pool. I loved reading his 3 month post with the pictures. He is such a cutie pie. I know that you are really enjoying this time.

    ReplyDelete